Most drivers incorrectly assume that just because they take proper care of their vehicle in terms of servicing and drive safely when on the road so they will never need any sort of roadside assistance. Unfortunately even the best maintained cars can experience a breakdown, dead battery or flat tire. Worse yet – and as luck would have it – a car breakdown usually happens at the most inconvenient times and places.
Now while you can’t completely eliminate the risk of an accident or a breakdown, there are proactive, common sense steps that you can take to significantly decrease the chances.
Reduce the Need of a Emergency Help
Based on the most common service calls they get, the pros at Reliable Guys Towing Service have put together a list of things you can do proactively to cut down on the probability of a car failure…
- Service Your Vehicle: Get to know your car’s service manuals. Note the service intervals and get a tune up based on the recommended mileage or time.
- Proper Engine Oil: Use oil that’s suited for the particular climate and temperature where you’re driving. The oil should have the right thickness, or viscosity, for your vehicle during winter months.
- Windshield Wipers: We’ve seen too many accidents as a obvious result of poor visibility out of the windshield. Be sure your windshield wipers are in good working condition. If smearing occurs, it’s time to replace them. Fill up your windshield washer reservoir regularly with wiper fluid, which, unlike water, won’t freeze.
- Battery Checks: Check your battery posts periodically to be sure they are free of corrosion, especially in the winter months. If your battery is more than three years old, have it checked. Clean or replace your battery, as needed.
- Exhaust Systems: Because the exhaust can potentially emit harmful carbon monoxide into your vehicle, get your exhaust system checked for leaks.
- Rubber Components: A belt failure is a one-way ticket for a breakdown. Get your belts and hoses checked by a mechanic because cold weather can be tough on them.
- Tires: Rotate Your Tires every 5,000 – 7,000 miles and make sure your tires have the right amount of pressure, to achieve the best traction and wear. In winter conditions, traction is especially important. Be aware that 10-degree drops in temperature cause a loss of air pressure.
- Four-Wheel Drive: If you have a four-wheel drive, check to be sure the system engages and disengages easily. Educate all the drivers in your home on how to operate the 4WD, as needed.
- Don’t Run Out of Gas: Keep your gas tank at least half full at all times. Reliable Guys Towing St Louis, your go-to place for battery jump starts and fuel service, urges you to be safe on the road this winter.
Need Emergency Roadside Assistance?
Stranded roadside and need emergency roadside assistance? Why not choose the towing team with over 20 years experience exclusively in our proud Gateway City.
Fully insured, licensed and bonded in the states of Missouri and Illinois, the folks at Reliable Guys Towing pride themselves in clear communication to ensure that services, prices and quality far surpass our competition. We know our talented technicians are the best in the business, and we go that extra mile in resolving our clients issue so that they feel comfortable and assured for their Roadside Assistance needs.
Whether you need emergency towing service, you’ve locked your keys in your car, or have a dead battery, we’d be more than happy to serve you. Give us a call at (314) 325-1016 and one of our knowledgeable towing service reps will help assist getting a tow truck to you so we can quickly get you on your way.